Saturday, July 11, 2009

There's Just Something About Ron

In honor and anticipation of the new Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, this week I am celebrating my favorite character, Ronald Weasley. Not only am I a huge fan of Ron in the movies and the books, I have become a devout fan of Rupert Grint as an actor and a personality. There's just something about Rupert that makes him positively delightful and irresistible. This week is all about celebrating my favorite Ron moments. Sometimes it seems that Harry gets all the glory, but its time to recognize the devoted fandom of Ron Weasley. Ron represents the comedic sidekick to many, but to me he represents so much more than that. Throughout the series, Ron plays second fiddle to Harry, always having to live in the shadow of "the boy who lived" none-the-less remaining faithfully devoted to his friends. I always related to the character of Ron mostly because I knew what it was like to come from a big lower middle-class family always wearing hand-me-down clothes and struggling to maintain a sense of self and individuality. I am greatly anticipating the release of theHalf Blood Prince and the budding romance between Ron and Hermoine. Here are some stills from the first year at Hogwarts from The Sorcerer's Stone, when Harry, Ron and Hermoine were all so young!









No comments: